Fady Antoine Kardous
Admitted to practice before all Syrian Courts including the Supreme Court (Court of Cassation).
Mr. Kardous has previously acted / still acting as the legal adviser for some of the major foreign companies’ Damascus offices in Syria.
Mr. Kardous was a speaker and moderator in the following conferences:
- May 2004 “Legal and Economic Aspects of WTO”Speaker
- October 2003 “Dispute Settlement in the WTO” a seminar held by the London and Wales Law Society.
- March 2004 “Arbitration in Trademarks” a seminar held by the Syrian bar Association.
- November 2004 “WTO and Developing Countries” Conference in Kuwait, Kuwait University.
- October 2008 “Investment Environment in Syria” Arab Argentinean Chamber of Commerce, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- October 2010 “Successful Investments in the Middle East Arab Countries” IBA, Vancouver, Canada.
- October 2011 “Common law Jurisdiction / Civil law Jurisdiction: DIFC and QFC” IBA, Dubai, UAE.
- October 2011 “Social networks in workplace” IBA, Dubai, UAE.
- November 2011 “Intellectual Properties for Journalists”, MAKAN NGO, Damascus, Syria.
- October 2012 “Arbitration in the Middle East”, IBA, Dublin, Ireland.
- May 2014 “Start-Ups in the Middle East” IBA MedCon, Istanbul, Turkey.
- October 2014 “Asia Goes West”, IBA, Tokyo, Japan.
Mr. Kardous works as an international law expert and a member of the WTO Unit / Ministry of Trade to provide advises and helps to assess the applicable laws and regulations and recommend the necessary changes in order to be in full with the provisions of the WTOs’ agreements.
He also worked as a consultant for the Ministry of Telecommunications and was responsible for drafting The E-Signature and E-Commerce laws and regulations along with licensing regulations for local and international ISPs.
- “WTO and Syrian Laws”. Published by Yaziji 2000.
- Published articles in the IBA Section on Business Law newsletters since 2001.
- Published Articles in “Middle East” newspaper 2007.
- “The Practitioner’s Guide to Arbitration in the Middle East and North Africa – Syria Chapter. Published by Excelencia, 2009.
- Damascus Bar Association.
- International Bar Association (Chair – Arab Regional Forum).
- FAROUK Arbitration Center (Founding Member).
- Gerson Lehrman Group of Consultants.
- Licensing Executive Society (Certified Member).
- LCIA (Associated Member).
By associating with worldwide law firms, we have created a worldwide connection in the field of Commercial Law.
Mr. Kardous provides legal opinions on the Syrian legal system and the reform of the Syrian Legislations.